If you are looking for a great stuffed Zucchini recipe, look no further.
These are often called Zucchini boats, and are easy to make. If you prefer, we have Italian based Stuffed Zucchini video recipes at the bottom of this page.
Lets get started:
- 4 zucchinis cut in halves to make your boats from
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup cornbread stuffing mix
- Salt and pepper
- a little parsley
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- half a cup of chopped onion
- Well grease a small to medium size baking pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Leaving about a third of an inch thick for your boat, remove the Zucchini pulp
- Saute the pulp, onions and garlic for 4-6 minutes, and then drain all moisture
- Mix the pulp mixture with both cheeses, stuffing mix, salt and pepper and egg
- Fill up your boats with the mixtur
- Bake for 25-35 minutes until the Zucchini is soft.
Thats it! You can add some parsley on top for presentation.
Remember, use your own nose and make the dish your own.
Italian based Stuffed Zucchini video recipe:
If you would like to try something a little different with an Italian flair, you can check out this video recipe.