This is an interesting recipe that goes the extra mile in trying to reinvent the commonly known Zucchini bread.
First the Zucchini bread is made, then sliced on a bias, and placed in the oven to cook longer and dry out.
Zucchini Bread Directions
Directions: Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix above ingredients very well. Pour into 2 seasoned loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes.
2 cups of all-purpose flour 1 cup of vegetable oil (canola)
2 small zucchini (unpeeled & grated)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking power
- 1 cup of sugar ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4T lemoncello (can use 1 T of real lemon juice and a bit of zest)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ stick of unsalted butter 1 cup of walnuts 2 eggs
Zucchini Biscotti Recipe
You can even make savory Biscotti from this same recipe.
- Just slice the bread after it cools with a serrated knife and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in oven on low heat until you have reached the amount of crunch desired
- Remember, you don’t want them to turn brown. You just want to dry out the crumb
- Patience is a virtue here – you need to use low temperature – maybe do a quick hi temperature brown at the very end.